Sunday, February 03, 2013

Water damage

Not just water damage, but there has been lots. A Wet winter indeed. Still no boating for me except a very quick spin to Double Locks on New Years Day just to start the year off with a paddle.
The first paddle infact since August when I popped my shoulder whilst mucking about with a SUP board.

More about that later. For now its all about the road bike! Yikes its actually getting more enjoyable.
Just being able to ride is all ways a bonus obviously, but as they said (they being my MTB riding friends that also dabble with the tight shorts) it gets better the more you do it. The riding, not the shorts. Still not there yet! Ha. In your face lycra.

 Right so the next couple of blogs are not in any chronological order but all since early winter. A bit of a catch up.  Logged a few rides on Map my ride however not all of them and some goods ones and lots of early morning or the cheeky hour or so after work ones unaccounted for.   MMR tells a different storey to my handle bar speedo thingy (cateye wireless).

The phone gps reading is always less than the speedo/ odometer. Any ideas?



 Pretty impressive water damage no?  Buckled and twisted tarmac more reminiscent of an earth quake twisted bridge. Just goes to show ya can't mess with tha mother.

This 30+ miler was in -2 temps which kept me off the bike for two weeks. Working hard on the climbs then all the moisture freezing on my chest on the downs. Full on hacking cough that went bronchial. Found out thats whats news papers are for! (Le tour, down the front of the jersey on the mountain descents)

The route here was what I thought I'd done but wasn't logged in. cant quite remember the route around Brampford speke/throverton. It was 34 miles on the speedo and just under 3hrs.   Honest.
Still not really looking for high speeds, just getting them done and more regular.

And what with all the LA BS this is good edit. Spotted over at Elbrys blog. 

No comments: